Thursday 21 June 2012

Stop the Presses! I'm taking a Stand on Something!!!

I never volunteer or do anything for anyone else that involves effort. I don't like protest marches. I don't want to wear a rubber awareness bracelet.


But lately, I've been thinking a lot about pigs and how awesome they are.








Therefore, I am going to be participating in the Toronto Walk for the Animals walk for Farm Sanctuary on Sept 29, 2012.




I don't give a crap about much, so this is kind of a big deal for me.


And yes, I am asking for your support.






Everyone who donates will get their own thank you card, drawn by me here at My Complete Lack of Boundaries. Some of you who have already donated (freaking geniuses who are super good looking) have their cards done on Facebook. I'll post all of the cards just before the walk.


I don't like to hit people up for donations for stuff, but you understand, don't you? Like, even 5 bucks would be super awesome. 


Five bucks.


Or come and walk with me if you're in Toronto on Sept 29th. We can hold hands and cry and spit fire together. Set up your own donation epicentre or team at the Toronto Walk Website


Of course, there's no pressure. But I'll know if you don't cough it up. I'll know.


No pressure.


And you know that guy Peter Dinklage, star of the hit boobies series Game of Thrones? 










Well he's like the celebrity endorser,  and I know you don't want to disappoint Peter. Here is Peter explaining why you will be super sexy if you support me in this cause: 










He's a Lannister. And Lannisters pay their debts. And by debts, I mean donations to this cause I'm supporting.


I originally set my goal as $1000, but I seem to have blackmailed inspired enough people to get half way there already, in just one day. So I will be upping my goal to more like $2500.


Five bucks. Please please please?


And if you can't swing it at this time, can you ask all your friends? At your office? Ask your Nana?


Here is Farm Sanctuary's website where they explain the what and, more importantly the WHY of what they do. You don't have to be a vegan or vegetarian to know that no living creature should have to live the way millions upon millions of animals do every day. I'd post pictures, but it's seriously messed up stuff and it upsets me. But I encourage you to check it out so that you know what I'm talking about.


Thanks so much!


Elpoo


So thank you, very much if you can support me. It's weird, but good, to actually feel this strongly about anything.


xo
Elpoo



10 comments:

  1. OH Meh Gerd! Peter Dinklage is so damn sexy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is! I love that speaking voice, too.
      Thanks Juni!!!

      Delete
  2. What if all I have is USD?? Your friend-fan, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sister! If all you have is USD, then what you must do is give me ALL of your USD's. All of them.

    Or just 5 bucks.

    Or just give me advice on stuff.

    Either way. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I pay you in pork bellies or chicken feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous,
      if you said that deliberately to make me sad, then good for you. Mission accomplished.

      E

      Delete
    2. I don't usually donate to these online things, for some reason, however I feel compelled and obliged to donate $15 to your worthy campaign because of the poor taste in jokes or just plain cruelty by the above appropriately named poster. Dont be :(, you are doing a wonderful thing! So in a way Anonymous' meanness did help your cause. Good Luck!
      Brian from Winnipeg

      Delete
    3. Brian from WInnipeg, You are an excellent guy!! Thanks so much! How's the chair and the view and all?

      xo
      ELpoo

      Delete
  5. You just went over the top by using the Dinklage big gun. That's serious artillery. And it didn't hurt that your friend Brad just put a link on his FB page.
    OMG Peter D. is SUCH a honey.
    If I donate enough, can Peter thank me too? In person? OH well, a girl can dream can't she?
    $20 Cdn is coming your way. Donna from Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thank you Donna,
      Peter D was totally asking about you and was hinting he might ask you to prom!
      :-)
      Yes, Brad was very sweet to help me spread the word. His FB page gets a lot more action than mine, so he is helping a ton!

      And thanks again for the donation. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure the animals do too!

      xo
      Elpoo

      Delete